Monday 18 May 2015

Premier League Reading Stars

I had a great time last week visiting The Liberty Stadium in Swansea - home to both Swansea City Football Club and the Ospreys Rugby Team - so that I could meet keen 'Premier League Reading Stars' from lots of schools in and around the Swansea area...

It was the first time I've been to Swansea though Vicky and I will certainly be going back to have a proper look round in the near future. When I go off visiting schools and libraries around the country I usually only get a brief glimpse of places (just motorways, a hotel room and a school or library - but sometimes that's enough to make us want to go back for a better look).

I had planned to arrive in Swansea earlier in the day so that I would have a bit more time to have a walk and a drive around but unfortunately our car was in the garage being repaired so I didn't get there until around 7 in the evening - just enough time to have a little walk before getting something for my tea and then settling down for a bit of  rest before the rest of the week's activities. I was very impressed with the Sail Bridge that spans the river by the harbour...

On the morning of the visit to the Liberty Stadium I was up early for breakfast, a drive over to the stadium, set up for the day's events and still enough time for a little look round.


It was great meeting everyone and a real privilege to be allowed to have a wander around the stadium.
On the way home I took the scenic route over the beautiful Brecon Beacons...

Catching brief glimpses of wild ponies on the way

and past the Brecon Reservoir...

This week I'm off to Cardiff City Football Stadium for another big Premier League Reading Stars with the National Literacy Trust... I can't wait...   

No comments: