Thursday 20 June 2019

Visiting Skomer Island

All of the wildlife pictures on the diary page are from our trip to Skomer Island a couple of days ago...

Tomorrow I'm going to be spending the day with everyone at Woodbank Primary School in Bury where I've been asked to open their new library. Opening a new school library is always a pleasure and an honour - and this library sounds like it is going to be something different as it's on a converted bus so I can't wait to come along and meet everyone. 
On Monday I will be working with lots of year six pupils that are visiting Shuttleworth College in Padiham - so here's a HUGE HELLO to all of you that will be coming along to take part. One of my writer friends - the excellent Jon Mayhew will also be their so it should be a fantastic day.

On Tuesday net week I will be visiting Bewsey Lodge Primary School in Warrington - HELLO to you all... I can't wait to see you all.

Today I'm working from home... one of the good things about working from home is that you don't have to travel to work. One of the bad things is that you don't always get a day off as there is always some work that needs doing - this might be writing stories, writing letters and emails, or some other paperwork that needs to be done - so it's really good when I get to leave the work behind and go somewhere different. 

On Sunday, Vicky and I drove down to Tenby in the South West corner of Wales - a beautiful part of the country. We were up early on Monday morning to take a boat over to Skomer Island. 

The Island is home to lots of protected wild birds, and at this time of the year it is home to Puffins who go there to nest.

The island is only a mile off the Pembrokeshire coast so it doesn't take long to get there. We spent the whole day on the island taking photographs of the Puffins and lots of other birds. We even spotted a few grey seals and a dolphin.

No comments: