Tuesday 8 March 2022

Denbighshire Libraries and Writing

Over the past few months I've been busy working on some new books. They won't be published until later this year but I thought that you might like to have a sneaky look at the covers.

The first one to be published this year is this little non-fiction book about Lizards. I love the picture of the Komodo Dragon on the cover which has been done by Bruno Robert - an illustrator that lives and works in Normandy, France. 

I have also done a retelling of the popular fairy tale, 'The Elves and the Shoemaker', which will be published later this year - but I am most excited about a series of books called Global Heroes. The covers, and the artwork inside, has been done by a brilliant British illustrator called Alex Patterson. Alex has illustrated lots of great books including Enid Blyton's Faraway Tree books. I'm delighted that he's illustrating The Global Heroes - they aren't finished yet as I'm still writing them and Alex is still illustrating them, - but here's a couple of the covers.   


These books will be coming out later in the year but I will tell you more about them soon.

After a couple of years of not being able to visit schools and libraries like normal, it's exciting to be returning to libraries in Denbighshire this month. 

Here's a HUGE HELLO to everyone in years 3 and 4 from Ysgol Bryn Collen and Ysgol Gwernant - see you soon at Llangollen Library. Everyone in years 4 and 6 from Christ the Word School in Rhyl - visiting Rhyl Library. Everyone at Ysgol Caer Drewyn and Ysgol Carrog - visiting Corwen Library ... and finally everyone who will be coming along to Rhuddlan Library. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.   

No comments: