Friday 8 July 2011

The Dragon and the Firebird

As well as writing this year I have been involved with a writing and arts project with St Anne's Primary School in Blackburn, Lancashire. Children in the school were working with myself and some other arts practitioners over the course of a couple of months to produce stories, craft, photography and art pieces.

I was lucky in that I got to work with most of the classes in school and we produced some great stories - including year four's The Dragon and the Firebird (Click on the title to go and read the story).

Year One's story even got made into a little picture book (illustrated by the children themselves) and put together by fellow practitioner Pippa Pixley  (Pippa's first picture book - the Princess and the Pea is about to be published).

On with some stories of my own now...

1 comment:

theartofpuro said...

Great post and project!It's always good to work with children:)