Thursday 23 May 2013

School Visits and Patron of Reading

This has been a busy week with lots of writing and a couple of school visits. On Sunday Vicky was at the Northop College Fun Day doing some Rhymetime sessions with parents and toddlers - I went along to have a look round and to see how Vicky was getting on... she was brilliant. It's always good watching and listening to other people tell stories.

On Monday it was my turn to share stories and rhymes so I drove a little further along the coast to Prestatyn where I spent a wonderful morning with all the Juniors at  Bodnant Community School - they were great... all very enthusiastic - joining in with stories and asking lots of great questions. In the afternoon I drove a little bit further along the road and spent the afternoon with the equally wonderful Infant classes.

Leaving the Junior School, after talking about my Mudcrust Books (among other things), I couldn't help notice this really cool frieze on the wall. It would look right at home on the Mudcrust's cave wall.

Yesterday I visited Wood Memorial Primary School in Saltney... It was nice visiting the school again, especially as it was whilst visiting that school three years ago that I met my lovely wife, Vicky. 

The day started with a whole school assembly - luckily I managed to avoid the fire breathing dragon that was swooping around above my head...
Then I spent half an hour or so with Reception and Nursery before moving off to visit all the other classes in school... Great fun!!!
 
A big thank you to all of the teachers and pupils of Bodnant Community School and Wood Memorial in Saltney for making me feel so welcome - see you all again soon...
 
I've got a few more school visits coming up in the next few weeks but I'll tell you all about those nearer the time. I'm now taking bookings for visits for the next school year. I'm already booked up for World Book Day 2014 but have other dates available around that time... I'm also very excited to have joined the list of authors who are eager to become a Patron of Reading in school - you can click HERE to find out more about the Patrons of Reading and you can also find out more by looking at my diary tomorrow as I will write more about it then.

No comments: