Friday 28 June 2013

A Break For Lunch

I know it's still quite early but I've stopped work to have a little lunch. It's not my fault I've stopped early, honestly - I'm going to lay the blame for that on my gorgeous wife, Vicky (sorry lovely).

Vicky has been busy working in the library this morning but she's having an early lunch as she will be leading a Rhymetime session at another library this afternoon. As soon as Vicky said she was having her lunch my tummy started to rumble and I had to stop for lunch too...

Today's lunch is a chicken and coleslaw buttie... YUM!

This morning I've been busy writing - hoping to get Chapter Two and Three of my latest book finished. That might sound odd to you but it isn't really (not in my mind anyway)... I have been messing with Chapter Two and Three for a little while, as well as writing other bits from later in the story (quite chaotic I know). I was a bit restless and at a loss for how the book/story was going to start though and this was stopping me from really getting on with it properly. Last week, however, the beginning of the book came to me. I wrote the first chapter - asked Vicky what she thought (she loved it - YAY!) and now I'm on with the rest of the book.

I can't tell you much about it right now - in fact, I'm not going to tell you anything about it right now other than that he story contains lots of mystery, humour, strange characters and even stranger goings on.

I will tell you about it soon though....

That's it... lunch is over... time to get back to work.

P.S. I was going to tell you about our day out yesterday but all of the pictures are on Vicky's phone so that will have to wait until later...

No comments: