Tuesday 18 June 2013

Getting it write... I mean right... I think....

When I write my blog posts I know that I often make spelling mistakes and I'm sure that I make lots of grammatical errors too... luckily my lovely wife, Vicky, points these out to me pretty quickly and I manage to change things without too many people noticing... or at least that's what I thought. I've just received this email though that suggests that I'm making a right mess of things... but it's good to know that they will be 'honored' (or honoured) to look things over and save me the embarrassment of getting things wrong. I'm not going to take them up on this fantastic offer but I thought I'd mention it here in case any of my writer friends would like to take them up on this kind offer....  

Hi Damian,

You know better than most that putting your writing "out there" takes a tremendous amount of courage; readers will find and comment on even the simplest mistakes. At Grammarly we know the feeling -- and we've made it our mission to improve writers' confidence. Putting our money where our mouth is, we'd be honored to sponsor your next blog post with a $30 Amazon gift card.

In case you haven’t heard of us, Grammarly is an automated online proofreader that finds and explains those pesky grammar, spelling, and punctuation mistakes that are bound to find their way into your first draft. Think of us as a second pair of digital eyes that can spare you the cost of hiring a proofreader. If you'd like to join our 3 million users and try the premium version of our proofreader for free, let me know and I'll make it happen!

Please send me the expected publishing date and topic of your next appropriate blog post (ideally something about writing) so I can give you all the details you need in time.

Cheers,
 

Nick
 
P.S. Let me know if you ever find yourself in foggy San Francisco; I’d love to grab some coffee. :)
 
Vicky... Just nipping to San Fran for a coffee.... hope that's ok!!!
 

No comments: